Important information for your visit to Berlin during Corona / Covid19
With the first loosening up, Berlin is now looking forward to welcoming you again and welcoming visitors* with open arms. At the same time, the city is working together on solutions to make a responsible and safe visit to Berlin possible. Time slots ensure a regulated flow of visitors and in restaurants the tables are moved apart. Because currently Berlin – with A b s t a n d – is the best.
- Continue to reduce physical social contact with other people to a minimum and maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 m.
- You may be outside with five people or with people from two households (total 6 person)
- Families and household communities may stay outside together, but a minimum distance of 5 metres must be maintained between individual groups.
- It is strongly recommended that you wear a mouth-nose mask in public, but wearing a mouth-nose mask is mandatory on public transport and in retail outlets. Children up to the age of six years are excluded. Most locals don’t wear outside a mask, only if there is a bigger crowd. In buildings everybody wears masks.
Please observe the current guidelines and instructions of the Robert Koch Institute
- Tegel Airport will remain open until November
- Museums and galleries, parks and gardens in Berlin are open
- Shops have been officially allowed to unlock their doors again since 9 May.
- Restaurants, bars and pubs are allowed to open – under certain conditions – from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m and very soon unlimited
- Hotels and guesthouses are allowed to open since 25 May.
- Guided city tours and sightseeing tours by bus, bike and boat are also possible again from 25 May – subject to compliance with hygiene rules.
- Open-air events such as concerts or film screenings with up to 200 participants are possible from 2 June.
- On 23 May, it will again be possible to browse flea markets.
- From 25 May, selected beach and open-air swimming pools in Berlin will open under certain conditions
- Cinemas may open from 30 June.
For the reopening of Berlin, we invite all Berliners* and day visitors to experience more than 50 highlights in Berlin with discounts of up to 50% with the new discount card “Berlin WelcomeBackCard” for only 2.50 Euro per day. Available at Hotels