We used the perfect weather, sunny and 16°C, for the allowed walk with a family member living in the same household. After shopping at DM drugstore -we even got soap – we went to Christophers.Continue reading “Take away @ Christopher’s in Schlüterstrasse”
Covid 19: Eating in Charlottenburg
Now we are supposed to stay home. Fortunately it is still allowed to go for a walk or doing sports outside, as long as you are doing it by yourself or just another person. You need to keep distance of 1.5 meters to others. No groups allowed. I read in Tagesspiegel that Police asked people who were sitting on a bench reading a book, to go home. Only moving is allowed. For the Gesundheit!
Sunday my wife and me were on a stroll through the closer neighbourhood. Sundays are anyway many restaurants closed, so we were afraid not to find something.
Restaurants & Cafes are closed!
Due to the Covid19 crisis Berlin Senate closed all Restaurants and Coffeeshops. Some restaurants might offer pick ups. This is allowed. Delivery is also allowed. Most restaurants will close. Until further notice. Now we test pick up and delivery!
See all places we visited
Covid19 – Rules for the next two weeks
The Federal Chancellor and the Heads of Government of the Federal States take the following decision:
The rapid spread of the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in Germany in recent days is worrying. We must do everything possible to prevent an uncontrolled increase in the number of cases and to keep our health system efficient. Reducing the number of contacts is crucial for this.
The Federal Government and the Federal States agree on an extension of the guidelines on the restriction of social contacts adopted on 12 March:
- all citizens are urged to reduce contacts with people outside the members of their own households to an absolute minimum.
- in public, wherever possible, a minimum distance of at least 1.5 m must be maintained from persons other than those mentioned under I.
- the stay in public space is only permitted a) alone,
b) with another person not living in the household or
c) with members of the own household.
- the way to work, emergency care, shopping, visits to the doctor, participation in meetings, necessary appointments and examinations, help for other or individual sports and exercise in the fresh air as well as other necessary activities remain possible.
- groups of people celebrating in public places, in apartments as well as private facilities are unacceptable in view of the serious situation in our country. Violations of the contact restrictions should be monitored by the regulatory authorities and the police and sanctions should be imposed in case of violations.
- all catering establishments will be closed. This does not include the delivery services or pick up orders for eating at home.
- personal hygiene service providers such as hairdressers, beauty salons, massage parlours, tattoo studios and similar establishments will be closed, as physical proximity is essential in this field. Medically necessary treatments remain possible.
- In all establishments, and especially those open to the public, it is important to comply with hygiene regulations and implement effective protective measures for employees and visitors.
- these rules shall be valid for at least two weeks
The Federal Government and the Federal States will cooperate closely in implementing these restrictions and assessing their effectiveness. Further regulations based on regional peculiarities or epidemiological situations in the Länder or districts remain possible.
The Federal Government and the MPs of the Federal States are aware that these are very drastic measures. However, they are necessary and they are proportionate with regard to the legal interest of public health to be protected.
The Federal Chancellor and the MP of the Federal states governments would like to thank in particular those working in the health system, in the public service and in the industries that maintain daily life, as well as all citizens for their sense of responsibility and their willingness to abide by these rules in order to further slow down the spread of the coronavirus.
Sunday, 22 March 2020
Press and Information Office of the Federal Government (BPA)
This is a not authorized translation by www.34c.de
Covid19 forces us to eat from delivery service – Pizzeria Vadoli, Kantstrasse
I am not a friend of delivery services. The food is often no more warm and in my experience rarely tasty. I always order a Margherita or Napoli from unknown service to minimize the risk. My family is more brave.Continue reading “Covid19 forces us to eat from delivery service – Pizzeria Vadoli, Kantstrasse”
Udagawa Japan Imbiss, Kantstrasse
Last time I was here with my friend Yasu from Japan in the mid 80ties. He was so happy. Udagawa had the taste of home cooking in Japan. I personally was not so deep impressed. For me the food was okay.Continue reading “Udagawa Japan Imbiss, Kantstrasse”
Döner Kebab Berlin style
Döner is an old Turkish speciality, minced meat grilled on a BBQ, thin sliced and served with salad. In Berlin it was modified and packed in a pide bread and added with tasty sauces.Continue reading “Döner Kebab Berlin style”
Coronavirus in Berlin – help in english
The Government, the Berlin Senate has closed pubs, cinemas and fitness studios. Restaurants remain open.
After much hesitation, the Berlin Senate is imposing drastic restrictions on public life. Mayor Michael Mueller (SPD) announced over the weekend: “These measures will massively affect each and every one of us in our daily lives. But they are urgently needed to slow down the spread of the coronavirus”.
Nobelhart & Schmutzig, Friedrichstrasse
“Noble hard & dirty” would be the translation in English. No worry, it does not make sense in German as well. Sommelier Billy Wagner created his own ideas in this Michelin star restaurant.Continue reading “Nobelhart & Schmutzig, Friedrichstrasse”
After you went to Bürgeramt to register your apartment, you’ll get snail mail from formerly GEZ, now ARD ZDF Beitragsservice.Continue reading “GEZ Beitragsservice”